16. The weather in spring is like ______ baby’s face. It changes quickly.
A. the B. a C. an D. /
17. –Your hat looks so comfortable!
–It’s more than comfortable. If you wear a hat like ______, you won’t feel cold in winter.
A. I B. myself C. one D. this
18. My mother told me to clean up my room. She did not want to see any ______ on the floor.
A. seat B. medicine C. trash D. space
19. –______ is a boat ticket for children?
–How old is your child? It’s free for kids under three years old.
A. How long B. How much C. How often D. How soon
20. –What ______ after school today? –Well, I just read some comic books.
A. did you do B. do you do C. are you doing D. will you do
21. –Do we have to talk with Jack about that matter? –Yes, I think we ______.
A .can B. may C. could D. should
22. –Surprise! You mean Lady Gaga is your favorite singer?
–Yes! She sings beautifully. I cannot think of any one with a ______ voice.
A. best B. better C. more D. most
23. –Ben looks strong. Has he ever been sick?
–He’s a superman! He ______ goes to the doctor.
A. already B. often C. even D. hardly ever
24. I write down everything about work in my pink notebook; ______ it, I’d forget the things I should do.
A. before B. except C. without D. outside
25. The movie is about a true story ______ happened in Hangzhou in 1996.
A. it B. that C. what D. when
26. –Smoking is bad for your health. –Yes, I know. But I can’t ______.
A. give it away B. give it out C. give it in D. give it up
27. –Could you please tell me ______? –For six months.
A. how long will the 2010 World Expo last B. how long would the 2010 World Expo last
C. how long the 2010 World Expo will last D. how long the 2010 World Expo would last
28. The serious drought (干旱) in Southwest China has made many people ______ without proper drinking water.
A. live B. to live C. living D. lived
29. If you come to Hangzhou, you shouldn’t miss the show Impression West Lake! It is created by the famous director Zhang Yimou, and the actors’ performance ______on the water of the West Lake.
A. is shown B. showed C. will show D. is showing
30. – You don’t have to make so much noise, do you? – ______
A. Not at all. B. Never mind. C. I’m sorry. D. My pleasure.
Sometimes I’m not sure whether there is love between my parents. Every day they are very busy earning money in order to 31 the high tuition for my brother and me. They don’t act in the romantic ways that I read in books or I see on TV. In their opinion, “I love you” is too luxurious(奢侈的) for them to say. Sending 32 to each other on Valentine’s Day is even more out of the question.
One day, my mother was sewing a quilt. I silently 33 down beside her.
“Mom, I have a question to ask you.”
“Is there love between you and Dad?”
My mother stopped her work and raised her head with 34 in her eyes. She didn’t answer immediately.
I was very worried because I thought I had hurt her. I didn’t know what to do. But at last I heard my mother’s 35 :
“Susan,” she said thoughtfully, “Look at this thread(線). Sometimes it appears(出現), 36 most of it disappears in the quilt. The thread really makes the quilt strong and durable (耐用的). If life is a quilt, then 37 should be a thread. It can 38 be seen anywhere or anytime, but it’s really there. Love is 39 .”
I listened carefully but I couldn’t understand her 40 the next spring, when my father suddenly got sick seriously. My mother had to stay with him in the 41 for a month. When they returned from the hospital, it seemed both of them had had a serious illness.
After that, every day in the morning and dawn, my mother helped my father walk slowly on the country road. It seemed they were the most harmonious (和諧的) couple.
The doctor had said my father would recover in two months. But after two months he still couldn’t walk by himself. All of us were 42 him.
“Dad, how are you feeling now?” I asked him one day.
“Susan, don’t worry about me. To tell you the truth, I just like walking with your mom. I like this kind of life.” 43 his eyes, I know he loves my mother deeply.
Once I thought love meant flowers, gifts and sweet 44 . But from this experience, I understand that love is just a thread in the quilt of our life. Love is inside, making 45 strong and warm.
31. A. spend B. pay C. cost D. take
32. A. books B. money C. flowers D. books
33. A. walked B. ran C. sat D. slept
34. A. surprise B. excitement C. hate D. anger
35. A. sentences B. words C. noise D. sound
36. A. and B. so C. but D. when
37. A. Dad B. Mom C. family D. love
38. A. always B. hardly C. often D. never
39. A. upside B. downside C. inside D. outside
40. A. unless B. for C. before D. until
41. A. hospital B. countryside C. bed D. garden
42. A. angry with B. glad to see C. worried about D. mad at
43. A. Reading B. Looking C. Understanding D. Thinking
44. A. looks B. kisses C. foods D. walks
45. A. mind B. heart C. life D. quilt
There were two tribes (部落) in the Andes. They were always fighting each other. One tribe lived in the lowlands and the other lived high in the mountains. The mountain people attacked (攻擊) the lowlanders one day. They stole a baby from one of the lowland families and took him back up into the mountains.
The lowlanders didn’t know how to climb the mountain. They didn’t know where to find the mountain people or how to track (跟蹤) them.
Even so, they sent out their best part of fighting men to climb the mountain and bring the baby home. The men tried many ways of climbing. After several days of effort(努力), however, they had climbed only 100 meters. Feeling hopeless, the lowlander men decided to return to their village.
As they were packing up, they saw the baby’s mother walking towards them. They realized that she was coming down the mountain, which they hadn’t figured out how to climb. And they saw that she had the baby on her back. How could that be?
One man said to her: “We couldn’t climb this mountain. How did you do this when we, the strongest men in the village, couldn’t do it?”
She shrugged her shoulders and said: “It wasn’t your baby.”
As long as you have love in your heart, there is no mountain you cannot climb.
46. The two tribes ______.
A. were enemies of each other B. lived on the same mountain
C. were friendly to each other D. had a lot in common
47. When a baby was stolen, the lowlanders ______.
A. attacked the mountain people right away B. didn’t know how to reach mountain people
C. quickly climbed to the top of the mountain D. sent the baby’s mother to the mountain
48. The men ______ after several days of trying.
A. felt excited B. lost heart C. made it D. were angry
49. As the men were packing up, they saw ______ coming towards them.
A. the baby B. mountain people C. the baby’s mother D. the baby’s father
50. When the mother said “It wasn’t your baby”, she meant ______.
A. only strong men can climb high mountains
B. one has to be clever enough to solve problems
C. true love can bring out one’s greatest effort
D. mothers are the greatest people in the world
What do you do when you feel unhappy? Do you listen to music? Do you talk to a friend?
Maybe next time you feel sad, you should try going outside if it is sunny. Doctors know that how much sunlight we get can change how we feel. Scientists learned this by interviewing people who live in different parts of the world. In the far north, in Alaska or Finland, for example, the days are very short in the winter. People living in these places say that they often feel unhappy in the winter. In the south, where there are more daylight hours, fewer people say they are unhappy in the winter. The reason is the amount of sunlight these people get each day. Sunlight changes the chemicals in our bodies, and these chemicals can change the way we feel. A couple of hours of strong light or light from a special lamp can help your body make the chemicals that make us feel happy.
Another way to feel happier is to get some exercise. Just like sunlight, regular exercise helps our bodies make certain chemicals, which make us feel happier. In addition, exercise helps people sleep better and lack of sleep often makes people feel unhappy. Exercise also helps you get rid of stress. When you are angry or upset about something, exercise is a good way to get those bad feelings out of you.
51. Why do people in the far north feel unhappy more often than people in the south?
A. Because they can’t go outside. B. Because they get less sunlight.
C. Because the weather is too cold. D. Because the summer is too short.
52. How can sunlight change the way you feel?
A. On a sunny day, you can play outside.
B. Sunlight makes you less tired.
C. Sunlight increases your body temperature.
D. Sunlight helps your body make certain chemicals.
53. What does Paragraph 2 mainly tell us?
A. It is better to live in the south. B. Southern people feel much happier.
C. More sunlight can make us happier. D. Northern people often feel unhappy.
54. What will NOT make you feel happier according to the passage?
A. Eating more. B. Exercising more. C. Getting enough sleep. D. Getting more sunlight.
55. What is the best title for the passage?
A. Why Is Sunlight Good for You? B. How Can Exercise Help You?
C. Ways to Feel Happier. D. Functions (功能) of Exercising More.
第二節：請仔細閱讀56—60題中關于Oliver, Rebecca, Henry, Gina和Chris的興趣愛好，從A~F的雜志介紹中選出適合各人的最佳選項（有一項多余）。
56. As a teenager, Oliver would like to read stories that people of his own age have written. He also loves music and would like some recommendations(推薦) on the best bands to listen to.
57. Rebecca wants to know more about the lives of famous people who often appear in the news. She is also interested in clothes and would like recommendations on what to wear.
58. Henry is interested in learning more about the latest international events. He is also keen on (熱衷于) the cinema and would like to read different opinions on what to see.
59. Gina is interested in geography and the natural world. She would also like to read articles that tell her about the lives of people from other countries.
60. Chris enjoys going to concerts and wants to find out more about the people in his favorite bands. He is also keen to read articles written by other teenagers.
Hangzhouhua (杭州話)：use it or lose it
There are about 6.000 languages in the world and some experts say that as many as half of these languages will disappear(消失) in the next one hundred years. Will Hangzhouhua be one of 61)________? It’s a 62)________ that more people are asking.
In China, Putonghua is the official language. That 63)________ it’s the language of government, business and the media (媒體). And it’s also the language that is 64)________ in schools.
Hangzhou is a special city. It used to be the capital of Wu and Yue States in the 10th century during the Five Dynasties period. Now it is modern, fashionable and also beautiful. And Hangzhouhua shows that 65)________ being modern, fashionable and beautiful.
Young people still speak Hangzhouhua but not as 66)________ as their parents and grandparents. They are under more and more pressure to speak Putonghua. So the language is being used 67)________ often in everyday life. Some people want to keep the language from disappearing completely by building museums and having cultural festivals to save it. But a language isn’t a painting 68)________ a book. It’s a living thing and you 69)________ use it or lose it.
If people 70)________ using it in their daily lives, a museum or a festival will not help. It will be lost forever, like the Yangtze River dolphin.
71. My mother was born in 1970; so she is f______ years old now.
72. Great news! Wang Meng w______ three gold medals at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
73. –Is your headache getting better? –No, it’s w______.
74. Believe in y______, Sam. And you’re sure to win the game!
75. I’ve a______ seen the movie Avatar, so I’d rather see another one.
76. Math is one of my favorite s______. Do you like it?
77. Some students think that w______ English language videos is a good way to learn English.
78. Hangzhou is the c______ city of Zhejiang Province.
79. The MP5 was g______ by my uncle on my 15th birthday.
80. We are all s_______ at the news that the Chinese football team beat South Korea by 3-0 in the East Asian Men’s Football Championship in Tokyo.
假如你叫王敏，是西湖中學初三年級學生。你的美國網友Jim發來電子郵件，告訴你他將于今年五月來中國旅游，并決定來杭州和你呆一周。但他有些情況不清楚, 請你給他回一封電子郵件。 (詞數：70個左右。) 郵件必須包含以下要點：
? May 1st~ May 10th free (spring vacation)
? Meet him at Hangzhou International Airport.
? What’s the weather like in Hangzhou?
? Plan four activities during his stay in Hangzhou.
? Reference (參考)
Scenic spots: 靈隱寺 Lingyin Temple 西溪濕地 Xixi Wetland Park …
Museums: 絲綢博物館 Silk Museum 科技博物館 Science Museum …
Big events: 世博會 the World Expo 國際動漫節 International Animation Festival…
I’m so excited that you will come to China _______________________________________
16—20 BDCBA 21—25 DBDCB 26—30 DCAAC
31—35 BCCAB 36—40 CDBCD 41—45 ACABC
46—50 ABBCC 51—55 BDCAC 56—60 EDFCB
61. them 62. question 63. means 64. used 65. by
66. well 67. less 68. or 69. either 70. stop
71. forty 72. won 73. worse 74. yourself 75. already
76. subjects 77. watching 78. capital 79. given 80. surprised
One possible version:
I am so excited that you’ll come to China and stay with me for a week during May．
I’ll be free from May 1st to May 10th because it’s our spring vacation and I will have plenty of time to be with you．
When you come, I’ll meet you at Hangzhou International Airport．You worried about the weather here in your email．In fact, the weather here is quite warm in spring, so you needn’t bring many clothes with you if you don’t plan to go to other places in China．During your stay here, I’ll take you to some places of interest, such as Lingyin Temple and Leifeng Pagoda. Of course we won’t miss the West Lake. If you’re interested in animals, we can visit the zoo. There we can see lovely pandas. We’ll also taste Longjing Tea so that you can know more about the culture and customs here．I’m sure we’ll have a very good time together．
Looking forward to meeting you soon．